ESP
HOME TICKETS NEWS PREVIOUS EDITIONS

5 things you should know about SBTRKT

1. SBTRKT (pronounced "subtract") is the musical project and pseudonym of Aaron Jerome. He uses the project's title rather than his own name in order to support the concept of anonymity: "[I'd] rather not talk about myself as a person, and let the music speak for itself", he has explained

2. SBTRKT has remixed songs by artists such as M.I.A, Radiohead, Modeselektor, Basement Jaxx, Franz Ferdiannd, Mark Ronson, and Underworld, and has released singles, EPs, and two albums. 

3. SBTRKT also has performed live with frequent collaborator Sampha. The live show to 2012 consisted of Jerome utilizing electronic and acoustic drums, synthesisers and effects with Sampha playing two keyboards and singing.

4. Other colaboratores include Little Dragon, Jessie Ware, Ezra Koening (Vampire Weekend) and ASAP Ferg. All of them have put voices to several SBTRKT songs.  

5. SBTRKT wears modern interpretations of native society ceremonial masks designed by A Hidden Place. They’re inspired by many native and ancient societies from a global viewpoint. It’s been said that they are African perhaps because of the triangles, but that also stem from India to Central & South America.