OUR COMMITTMENT TO YOU
You are at the heart of everything we do. Our goal is to maintain your trust by carrying out a respectful management of your personal information and giving you the power to control it.
It is important that you know what personal information Mad Cool Festival, S.L. (referred to in this document as “us” or “Mad Cool Festival, S.L.”) collects about you, and how it is used.
We have done our best to make our explanations short and easy to understand. Nevertheless, if you require additional information or have any questions or doubts, please contact our Data Protection Officer, whose information can be found in the “Contact” section further down.
You will be properly informed if at any time a substantial change to our privacy practices is made. In case it were necessary, we would also ask you for your permission.
Our Privacy Notification has been designed for you. The way this notification is applied to you depends on the way you interact with us. For example, if you:
1. Purchase a ticket for one of our events, we will use the information you provide us with to fulfil our obligations to you for the provision of said service, and, if indicated by you, also to keep you informed about other events that could be of your interest; and
2. When browsing our websites we will be using cookies to personalise and hopefully make your experience perfect.
What information we have and where we get it
- Whenever you create an account or purchase one of our products (like tickets, or merchandise) we collect your contact and billing information.
- When you buy tickets for one of our events, or an event for which we are co-promoters, we will receive your information from the ticket sales agents who sell the tickets for the events we promote and co-promote, or from the sites we rent as venues for these events. This includes your name, contact details and information about the ticket purchase, such as, for example, the amount of tickets bought and the number of seats.
- When attending one of our events, we will be able to collect your information (1) through surveillance cameras (we put warning signs up in the locations these cameras are used), (ii) from our free Wi-Fi network (if you register to use it) and, if available, through electronic payment wristbands, which can be used to access events and to make purchases inside the venue.
- When using our websites or app, we will collect information, such as, for example, the browser or device you are using, your IP address, location, the website from which you gained access, the reason for using and not using our website/app, and the website you access after visiting ours. For more information on how we collect this information, please see our Cookies Policy.
- When you use one of the built-in social media functions on our website or app and you post something on your social media, the social network’s website will provide us with some information about you.
- If you have any accessibility requirements, we want to make sure that you can enjoy and have the best experience when attending our events. In order to do that, we need to collect data about your requirements (which could imply that you provide us with information about your mental or physical health).
- On the rare occasions where we collect personal information on children, we would always ask for parental consent, and, in any case, that information would be collected exclusively for the purposes specified at the time of collection.
- We use providers that collect geodemographic data to help us personalise the services we provide you with in the most efficient manner. If you would prefer we didn’t, please see the “Your options and rights” section further down.
How we use your information and why
In this section we will explain how we use your information and what its legal basis is.
1. For the fulfilment of our contract with you
When you sign an agreement with us (when buying merchandise or tickets for example) we use your information in such a way that we can:
- Process your order
- Receive payment, and
- Provide customer support
2. For our legitimate commercial interests
- To carry out investigations and market analyses that help us improve and personalise our products and services.
- For the purpose of our marketing actions, unless we require your consent for such marketing (see section 3 below).
- To send you customer support e-mails, which includes reservation confirmations and event reminders.
- To prevent or detect illicit behaviours, with the purpose of enforcing our legitimate rights or as permitted by law otherwise. For example, so we can make sure that the tickets are received by authentic fans. Therefore, we will be able to use your information to avoid ticket resales, inappropriate uses of our intellectual and industrial property (e.g. our brands or those of our event partners), frauds, and other crimes.
- To create a profile about you that will help us personalise our services for you. For example, if you buy tickets for a pop event and you accept our marketing communications, we will inform you about other pop events that we consider could be of interest to you.
- Related to your personalisation options
If we get to know you better, we will be able to offer you more of what you like. In order to make sure our messages and website are relevant to you, we create a user profile with the information we have about you and about how you use our services.
- How to disable personalisation
Simply disable “Allow personalisation” found in your account settings. We will stop any type of personalisation and we will only use your data for essential services, such as fraud detection.
- What happens if you disable personalisation?
We will no longer use your data to determine what could be of interest to you. This means you will stop receiving personal recommendations, and that any newsletter you are subscribed to will be generic (but if you have requested to receive alerts about artists or specific events, you will keep receiving this information).
We will keep creating these profiles when needed in order to provide our services to you, for example, for the purpose of fraud detection or in case of your express request, for example, when indicating that an artist is your favourite.
- Is disabling personalisation and disabling cookies the same thing?
No, they are two different things. To control your cookies settings you will be able to use our cookies acceptance tool. For more information, please see our Cookies Policy.
- To ensure the safety of our operations and the operations of our event partners.
When you have given your consent
- To send you information or offers about our upcoming events, products or services. These communications can be sent to you via e-mail, push and web notifications, SMS, or social media. You will be able to change your marketing settings at any time. In order to do so, please see the “Your options and rights” section further down. Nevertheless, please bear in mind that in case of a prior contractual relationship between both parties, we will also be authorised to send you these types of communications. If you no longer wish for this to happen, you can send your request to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
- In order to provide location-based services to you through our festival apps, for example, which allows you to see where you are one the map, so that we can use your location to send you push notifications about what is going on around you.
- To carry out an attendee management analysis. Some of our apps use attendee management software, which allows us to see how many people are at a given stage, or how crowded a bar is at a given time. This helps us distribute our resources more efficiently. We activate it shortly before the festival or event and deactivate it shortly after, which means we stop tracking the devices when it’s no longer necessary.
- To send out personalised advertising and marketing communications on our websites and app (for more information please see our Cookies Policy).
- To process data about your health with the purpose of meeting your accessibility requirements, if it has been specifically requested and express consent has been given.
Who we share your data with and why
- With the family of companies of Live Nation Entertainment that provide us with services, such as marketing, profiling, report writing and technical support.
- With our third-party service providers (sometimes referred to as data processors), such as cloud computing providers, responsible for providing the IT infrastructure we use to establish our products and systems.
- With third parties that provide the products and services that you buy (e.g. merchandise), so they can process and fill your orders.
- With government agencies or other authorised bodies, when legally required or permitted.
- With any successor to all or part of our business.
Your options and rights
Once you have given your consent, you will be able to withdraw it based on the following.
- If you wish to no longer receive our marketing communications, you can change your account settings, follow the subscription cancellation instructions found in any of the e-mails we send you, or contact us and we will take care of it for you.
- If you wish to withdraw your consent for location tracking and push notifications, you can change the settings of your device or keep your location disabled. If you wish to no longer receive push notifications on your computer, you will have to change the settings of your browser.
- If you wish to withdraw your consent for personalisation, you can change your account settings. If this option is not available to you, you can contact us and we will take care of it for you.
You also have rights on how your personal information is used, including the following:
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- The right to request to have your information erased or its future use restricted.
- The right to request a copy of the information we have about you.
- The right to correct, modify or update the information you have provided us with (if you have an account with us you can also do this by logging in and updating your information).
- The right to contest any automatic decision we come to regarding you. An automatic decision is a decision that has been made without human intervention and that has legal consequences (e.g. credit check). Normally we don’t take automatic decisions, but when we do, we will make sure to clearly explain why this type of decision is being made.
We take care of your information
We have security measures in place to protect your information. The security measures we apply will depend on the type of information we collect.
We will only store your information for the time that is necessary in order to provide you with the services you have requested, for the purposes indicated in this policy or any other legal purpose by which we would be obligated to store your information. We will safely eliminate your information when it is no longer needed for the previous purposes, in compliance with our company policies.
As part of a global group of companies we use shared services, some of which are located outside of Europe. At the same time, your information could be internationally transferred when world-class artists are touring, with the purpose of providing you with the perfect experience.
We must point out that there are strict rules in place to ensure that your data maintains the highest levels of protection when we are performing this type of information transfer. When we do so, we make sure that we have the appropriate security measures in place. If your information is to be transferred outside of the European Economic Area, we will use one of the following mechanisms:
- Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission
- Privacy Shield between the EU and the USA
- Binding Corporate Rules
- Binding Corporate Rules of the Data Processor
For more information, or if you wish to obtain a copy of the corresponding documentation, please get in contact with us.
Information about the data processing consent of the Curriculum Vitae
MAD COOL FESTIVAL, S.L., with Tax ID no. B87381042, informs you that in accordance with the provisions of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, and the Organic Law 3/2018, of 5 December (LOPDGDD) of the Spanish legislation, on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, that the personal details provided and collected when sending your application or CV, will be processed and included in the database of MAD COOL FESTIVAL, SL., where personal data is collected and stored for the exclusive purpose of being part of the staff selection, job bank and hiring procedures that are carried out.
The data subject consents, this being the legal basis for the processing of your personal data for the purpose previously mentioned. In case of any changes to your personal details, we prompt you to communicate it to us the same way, for the sole purpose of keeping your job application or curriculum vitae updated.
MAD COOL FESTIVAL, S.L. ensures a good use of the information, and especially, the confidentiality of the personal details found in our database, as well as the compliance with personal data protection. Similarly, MAD COOL FESTIVAL, S.L. guarantees that the data provided will not be subject to international transfer or transfer to third parties, except in case of legal requirement or prior request of your consent on behalf of the holder. Your personal details will be stored for the minimum time necessary to give fulfilment to the purpose that led to its collection, as long as you don’t request its erasure.
In accordance with the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, and Organic Law 3/2018, of 5 December (LOPDGDD) of the Spanish legislation concerning the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and their free movement, MAD COOL FESTIVAL, S.L. undertakes to respect their confidentiality in the processing of their personal data, and informs you that you have the right to exercise ARSULIPO rights (rights to access, rectification, deletion, limitation, portability and opposition) of your personal data by means of written request and including a photocopy of your ID, by addressing it to our postal address: MAD COOL FESTIVAL, S.L. C/Gran vía, 27. 1º izquierda, 28013. MADRID; or easily and freely by e-mailing email@example.com.
Likewise, you are informed that you are entitled to revoke the consent initially given, as well as to lodge complaints about rights with the Spanish Data Protection Agency (AEPD).
In case of any doubts or questions about the foregoing or about our approach to privacy, our Privacy Office, including our Data Protection Officer, we will be more than happy to help you: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact the Spanish Data Protection Agency, but we encourage you to let us help you first.